- Having concluded their business for now, the fated venture out onto the Infinite Staircase.
- The first landing held a wooden door bearing a wheel and rose bush. In a tavern, sitting at a table is a strange man in black who shares a bottle of whiskey, a story of the Cult of the Shadow lord, an uncanny knowledge of the fated and their business, and a warning for Moira. He explains the founder of the cult is a woman with her own aims, she desired the ability to trade in mortal souls and funded Siphiax’s campaign to overthrow Garm. Cultists of Vecna have infiltrated the organization to further their own aims. The warning he gives Moira concerns her destruction should she seek the tower.
- The second landing holds an oriental inn where the fated spend an uneventful night.
- The third landing bears a technologically advanced door which crackles with blue energy, it fills the fated with a sense of foreboding. Upon opening the door, they are faced with a metallic abyss flickering with blue lightning. After taking efforts to seal the door, the fated camp on the stair landing.
- The final landing is the door to sanctuary.
- The fated come upon an encampment of rogues. They are welcomed to spend the night and then asked to assist with the extermination of a nest of small demons (135 xp), a camp of small demons (535 xp), a few wendigo, ghouls and more small demons (1300 xp) and to retrieve an artifact from an ‘evil cave’ (1200 xp).