- After setting up camp at the Dutch Outpost, an expedition is sent to find the destination of the Key’s guidance beam.
- Nestled at the foot of a mountain range is found a series of large stone structures, half submerged in a glacier thousands (perhaps millions) of years old.
- Sled teams are dispatched to investigate, and to clear a runway for the planes to land.
- Korric, Moira, and Kass investigate an odd depression in the snow, and discover a crashed Illithid Nautilus shuttle, and combat it’s sole surviving occupant, a Thoonish Scyther construct.
- Korric decided to install a Scyther of Thoon’s auto-repair psudo-organ in to his frame. This gave him the ability to regenerate slowly… and who knows what else?
- Pabodie and his team set up a secondary ‘drill camp’ in the ruins of this strange cyclopean city… the Key points down from here… beneath hundreds of thousands of years of ice. Work begins on digging a tunnel to a Temple… far far below.
- Radio reports from Department Zero on the mainland inform the expedition of a new impending threat: The Black Lodge has allied itself with a German Ultra-nationalist group, the Founders. This has given them access to the resources of the new National Socialist Party which has recently taken power.
Outfitted with a zepplin, and accompanied by the agents of the Black Lodge, the Cult of the Shadowlord, and the Founders, Therion now represents a greater threat than ever before. His time of arrival is unknown… but when he does show up, all hell will break loose.
Dreaming Earth 4
Hell In Winter